Total Time: 4 hrs | Yield: 6 Servings
The rich flavours in this delicious dish are superb! This recipe is a must-try, I’m telling you! I have listed all the ingredients and directions, so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds Chuck Roast
- 2 c Red Onion thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 c Tomato Sauce
- 1 c Beef Broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Thyme chopped, or 1/4 tsp dried
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon All-Purpose Flour or cornstarch
- Add the beef broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, white wine vinegar, and minced garlic in a small mixing bowl. Stir until well mixed.
- Discard excess fat from the chuck roast, then season it generously with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 1/2 of the sliced red onions on the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Spread 1/2 of the mixed sauce on top of the onions.
- Lay the seasoned chuck roast over the onions and top it with the rest of the onions as well the rest of the sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4 hours on a high setting or 7 hours on a low setting until the roast is very soft.
- Get 1 cup of the sauce and mix it with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch. Place it into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir and cook for a few minutes until the texture becomes thick.
- Spoon the roast onto a serving plate and top it with the gravy.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!