Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Yield: 12 Servings.
Lunch or dinner will be awesome again with this incredible recipe! Hot sloppy joe dip is perfect for your football watch party! You need this, I’m telling you. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs extra-lean ground beef.
- 2 green bell peppers, diced.
- 1 onion, diced.
- 4 cloves garlic, minced.
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar.
- 2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste.
- 1 tsp ground black pepper.
- cayenne pepper, to taste.
- 2 c chicken broth.
- 1 c ketchup.
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard.
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- 1 c shredded Cheddar cheese, divided.
- In a heavy pot, add the ground beef, onion, bell pepper, flour, garlic, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Place the pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Stir and cook the mixture for 15 minutes or until the beef is brown.
- Add the ketchup, mustard, chicken broth, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well mixed, then allow the mixture to simmer.
- Turn the heat down to medium and cook for 45 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
- Prepare the oven and put the rack 6-inches above the heat, then preheat the broiler.
- Remove the pot from the heat and transfer it into an oven-safe saucepan.
- Spread 1/2 of the shredded cheese on top.
- Use a fork to make small holes over the cheese.
- Add the rest of the cheese over.
- Place it inside the oven and broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!