Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 10 mins | Chill Time: 1 hr | Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
These delicious cookies made my day! Try this recipe now!
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, (1 stick, softened)
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, (freshly squeezed)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, (fresh)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 drops yellow food colouring, (optional)
- 1 c powdered sugar
- Put the sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat for about 3 minutes or until well mixed and fluffy.
- Add the egg, lemon zest, vanilla, and lemon juice. Beat for a few more minutes until well blended.
- Add the baking powder, flour, food colouring, baking soda, and salt. Beat until well mixed.
- Place the dough inside the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Line with parchment paper two large baking sheets.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and form small balls out of it and coat each with powdered sugar.
- Arrange the coated balls onto the lined baking sheet. Make sure to leave about 2-inches of space between each ball.
- Place the baking sheet inside the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer them onto a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy!