Prep Time: 10 mins | Total Time: 1 hr | Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
This luscious chicken pot pie is what you need today! Try this recipe now and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ chunks.
- kosher salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- 1/2 onion, chopped.
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped.
- 2 stalks celery, chopped.
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme.
- 3 tablespoons flour.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas.
- 2 cups chicken broth.
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream.
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit dough.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add oil and allow it to become hot.
- Add the chicken and sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. Cook both sides for about 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- In the same skillet, add the carrots, celery, and onion. Saute for 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add flour over the veggies and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth. Simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick.
- Remove from the heat and add the peas, cream, and chicken. Stir until just combined.Slice the biscuits horizontally.
- Arrange in a circular form overlapping each other into the skillet.
- Brush the biscuits with egg wash.
- Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 25 minutes or until done.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool at room temperature.
- Serve and enjoy!