It’s no secret that we have a bit of a sweet tooth around here. And while we like store-bought sweets just as much as the next person, there’s nothing quite like a homemade batch of Amish cashew crunch. It’s got everything: a sticky and sweet caramel brittle, nutty cashews and a hint of salt. It’s perfect for a sweet after-dinner bite and makes an amazing gift, think taking some to the host of the annual holiday party or tucked into a care package for a college student.
- 2 cups cashew halves
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook butter, sugar and corn syrup over medium high heat until it registers 290°F on a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Add cashews and stir to coat. Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and cool completely before serving.